- Ask questions about the elements and limits of autobiographical work,
- Explore what makes a storytelling performance compelling and entertaining,
- Turn that exploration into practical guidelines we can use in our storytelling,
- Generate tons of ideas for our stories,
- Pre-write with outlines, vomit drafts, story buckets, and other concepts with names that repulse or intrigue you,
- Strengthen our stories with exercises that heighten them and make them more vivid and efficient, and
- Find ways to perform our stories on stage that honor their content and who we are as storytellers.
Dave Maher has appeared on “This American Life” and in the pages of the Chicago Reader and Chicago Tribune. His one-man show, Dave Maher Coma Show, has appeared at the Edinburgh Fringe. He teaches storytelling and creative process classes at the Annoyance. Gapers … Continue reading Dave Maher