AP3 is about taking that next step in scenes. While AP2 focused on the beginning moments of a scene, in AP3 students are challenged to play with more complexity and style, juggling it all within a scene while always maintaining their strong point of view. Aspects of this class include:
- Acknowledging the realities of your scene partner
- Scenic development: Finding the Highways and Bi-ways of a scene to extend its length
- Managing context without getting in your head (the who/what/where/when/why/etc.)
- Creating specific, surprising choices
- Playing with Opposites and Curve Balls
- Creating and playing with multiple patterns or games in a scene
- In-depth three person and group scene work
- Protecting and Playing the Freak
- Learning how to repair a scene that isn’t working
- Managing forms and style
- DaDa scenes (playing fiercely without needing to “make sense”)
- Justification: how to use it not out of fear but as a tool.
- Personal challenge and goals based on individual feedback
Students must have completed AP2 to take AP3.
Need a payment plan? Choose Payment Plan when signing up! The second payment (1/2 the cost of the class) will be auto-debited from the card you use on June 24th. It’s that simple!
Teacher Announcement Coming Soon!